No offence, but sometimes I wanna cry "aaaarggggggh!!". I've been visiting this school for about two months now, observing this teacher's music lessons. Every time, I tell him exactly the same things. I've been going on about not just singing a weird song they call "Jesus sauve me" (yes, like that) and is supposed to be in English. Among other things, I suggested making simple musical instruments, like water bottles filled with beans. This explanation took about half an hour - with me drawing pictures of the bottle and the beans and asking concept check questions like "are beans food?"- and all I got the next time was children shaking bottles of water... filled with water!! My diplomacy is completely wasted on him because to questions like: "Could you hear any sound from the bottles?", all I get is: "Sorry, what's the question?" Eventually, in my frustration I just walked out and filled a bottle with stones. Still, next time, more bottles of water. Today I took two filled with beans... we'll see... And the excuse is: "I can't teach music because I don't have a guitar" Arrrrrrgh!!!
At least this was P2. Yesterday, in P3, after 3 years of supposedly studing all subjects in English, these children were learning the present simple in their English lesson. Never mind, as they say it's never too late. But how many mistakes do you think an English teacher can get in the Present Simple? Well, start counting: I forget, you forget - no problems so far- he is forget, we are forgets (with s because it's plural- literal explanation), you are forgets, they are forgets. And you're not hearing the pronunciation. OK I have a lot of respect for these teachers teaching in a language they hardly speak, but for God's shake, if you're gonna teach the present simple, at least do a bit of research!! And the funniest thing is that apparently, the form of present simple changes depending on the verb, because the verb to play turned out to be: I play, you play, he is playes, we are play, you are play, they are play. No wonder people think English is a bloody difficult language!
Sin pretender ofender a nadie, de verdad que a veces me dan ganas de gritar: ¡aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh! Llevo por lo menos dos meses visitando un colegio en particular, observando las clases de música de un cierto profesor. Cada vez que voy, le repito las mismas cosas. Como por ejemplo, no sólamente cantar una extraña canción supuestamente en inglés que llaman "Jesus sauve me" (sí, escrito así), sino por ejemplo, probar a crear sencillos instrumentos musicales. Después de media hora explicando cómo hacer unas maracas con botellines de agua rellenos con alubias, incluyendo dibujitos y preguntas para ver si me seguía del tipo de: "alubias, ¿sabes? ¿son comida o ropa?", lo único que conseguí en mi siguiente visita fue ver a niños agitando botellinos de agua... ¡llenos de agua! Toda estrategia diplomática es una pérdida de tiempo con este chico, porque a preguntas del tipo de: "¿tú crees que esos botellines hacían algún sonido audible?", lo único que responde es: "¿eh? ¿cuál es la pregunta?". Al final, de la frustración, un día tuve que salir de la clase y apañar unas piedras para rellenar una botella. Pero nada, la vez siguiente, más botellas de agua. Hoy les llevé un par de botellines rellenos de alubias... ¡veremos qué pasa! Y la excusa es siempre: "No, no puedo dar clase de música porque no tengo una guitarra". ¡¡¡¡Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!!!!
Pero bueno, por lo menos esto era P2. Ayer observé una clase de P3 en la que los alumnos que, supuestamente llevan tres años estudiando todas las asignaturas en inglés, estaban aprendiendo el presente simple en inglés. En fin, nunca es tarde si la dicha es buena. Pero vamos a ver, ¿cuántos errores creeis que se pueden cometer en el presente simple de un verbo? (Y eso que los españoles no es que seamos precisamente políglotas). Empezad a contar: I forget, you forget, he is forget, we are forgets (con "s" porque es plural- explicación literal de la profesora), you are forgets, they are forgets. Y eso, sin oir la pronunciación. Vale, le tengo mucho respeto a estos profesores que dan clase en un idioma que casi no hablan, pero ¡por Dios! si vas a enseñar el presente simple, por lo menos asegúrate de que te lo miras en algún sitio. Lo mejor de todo es que, por lo visto, la forma del presente simple cambia según el verbo, porque el verbo "to play" resultó ser: I play, you play, he is playes, we are play, you are play, they are play. ¡No me extraña que la gente aquí piense que el inglés es un idioma endiabladamente difícil!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment