Sunday, 23 May 2010

No spitting

I've just spent the most wonderful weekend... swimming and sunbathing in Kigali!
I had heard this rumour that there was this amazing pool at a tennis club somewhere near the Programme Office, so I decided I had to check it out... Is it good?!!! God!It's amazing! An enormous pool of pristine water, surrounded by beautiful gardens and the most comfortable launch chairs I've seen in my life. Of course, in order to keep the water this clean, they've had to set some strong rules, and in place of the typical sign saying "No splashing" or something like that, there is a notice in 3 languages saying "No spitting!!!" Arrrgh, thank God! There's also a very nice bar restaurant, you get your own towel and, wait to hear the best, they've got hot showers!! and when I say hot, I don't mean lukewarm, no, proper HOT! All for 2000rwf! I thought it was so worth it that I went back again today!
Acabo de pasar un fin de semana alucinante... ¡nadando y tomando el sol en Kigali!
Había oído un rumor de una buena piscina en un cierto club de tenis en algún lugar cerca de la oficina de VSO y decidí que tenía que comprobarlo. ¡¿Buena?! ¡Es increíble! Una piscina enorme de agua cristalina rodeada de preciosos jardines y con las tumbonas más cómodas que he visto en mi vida. Claro que, para mantener el agua tan limpita, han tenido que establecer ciertas reglas estrictas. Así, en lugar del típico cartel diciendo "Prohibido hacer bombas" o algo así, hay un letrero en tres idiomas anunciando que está prohibido... ¡escupir! ¡Aaaaaaaaagh! ¡Menos mal! También hay un bar restaurante muy chulo, recibes tu propia toalla y... - aquí viene lo mejor- ¡tienen duchas de agua caliente! Y cuando digo caliente, no quiero decir templadita, no, no , ¡caliente! Todo por la razonable suma de 2000 rwf. Me pareció que valía tanto la pena que volví hoy otra vez. Hmmmmmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment